Guys! GUYS! I am SO FREAKIN’ EXCITED to get to share one of our newest collaborations for 2015: DIY Makeup Tutorial Videos with The Makeup Chic, Suzanne Eden (created by CreativeIdeation). And we are launching the series with a perfectly timed DIY lipstick tutorial to get that perfect red pout for Valentine’s Day. Up your x-factor for your dinner plans or paint a bold pink for a night on the town with the girls using our DIY Video Tutorial: How to Get The Perfect Pout for Valentine’s Day, below. Check it out!!!
Makeup & Tools you will need:
- Lip Stain- Suz recommends Vincent Longo in Baby Boo
- Lipstick- Suz recommends Scarlett (lip sheer) by Beauty Counter (a universal flattering shade of true red and looks good on everyone!!)
- Lip liner- Any red lip liner will do. Here is one to try by au naturale.
- Small precision brush- Stila brush #4 is made for eyeliner, but I like to use it to create a natural and subtle lip line.
- Delux lip brush- Vincent Longo makes this great full size lip brush.
Now let’s learn how to get that gorgeous Valentine’s Day Pout! This innovative mix of pink and red will create the perfect Valentine lip for all skin tones and coloring. Use the step by step instructions here or watch the DIY makeup tutorial video!
Step by step instructions:
- Identify best shade of red for your coloring. I used a universally flattering shade of red called, Scarlett that everyone should have on hand. I call it my party lip!
- Apply Lip Stain to lips and let dry (30 seconds).
- Swipe Delux lip brush in red lipstick.
- Apply red lipstick to lips using Delux lip brush. *(Start on bottom mid-lip and working your way out to both sides. Start on top mid lip working your way out to both sides.)
- Swipe Small Precision Brush in the red lipstick.
- Line the out-line of lips using Small Precision Brush.
- Lightly line lips with red liner to seal the deal.
- Blow kisses!
DIY Makeup Tutorial Video:
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers from The Makeup Chic:
Why a lip stain first?
The beauty of wearing a lip stain under your favorite red lip allows you to eat, drink, and be merry without losing your perfectly puckered pout! And Wearing a pink lip stain under your red lipstick adds a unique and subtle layer of pop to your lips!
How can I clean up a my lips if they start to smudge and smear?
The best way that I’ve found to clean up an uneven pout is by using a baby wipe and a precision ended Q-tip. Cover one end of the Q-tip with a baby wipe and gently clean up by swiping the out-line of your lips. Re-line your lips if needed and you are ready for a Valentine’s night out!
A very special thanks again to the amazing Makeup Chic, Suzanne Eden & CreativeIdeation for making this DIY makeup tutorial video happen!
[icon size=”small” image=”icon-heart”]