Are you looking to submit a shoot, idea, or feature to Capitol Romance?
Capitol Romance strives to bring its readers fresh engaging content. Our mission is to be the ultimate resource for couples in the Washington, DC area, either helping them plan their wedding or life together.
We post real wedding features, engagement sessions, anniversary love shoots, styled shoots for inspiration, DIY tutorials (for your wedding home!), and other various advice pieces on love, life, living learning in DC.
Capitol Romance also wishes to remain a safe, open, and inviting place for couples of all ages, races, and sexual preferences. Therefore we do require ALL vendors that submit content to be LGBT-friendly!
Real weddings, engagements, and anniversary sessions must take place in the Washington, DC area (Richmond, VA north to Baltimore, MD).
Styled shoots, relationship guest posts, and DIY features can be from any location, as long as they inspire based upon our focus.
Offbeat, personal, non-traditional, small-budget, handmade and localized weddings. We want couples that put themselves into their wedding days or have unique love stories to share!
Capitol Romance accepts all races, religions, beliefs, customs, and sexual orientations [in fact we not only accept it – we LOVE it, we want to feature ALL kinds of couples weddings].
Types of features:
Engagements, anniversary sessions, styled shoots and weddings, as well as guest posts, DIY tutorials, advice pieces (wedding planning/relationships) and inspiration features
Number of photos:
30-50 images for wedding submissions (varying in details, locations, etc).
20-30 images for engagement submissions.
For guest posts or DIY posts, please inquire with the editor for image count specifications.
Photo requirements: 900 pixels in width
How to submit:
Either via Two Bright Lights (this method works best for real weddings, engagement features, or any other picture-heavy submission) or via email.
If you wish to submit a feature via email, please send us (www.capitolromance.com/email-me) a zip folder of no more than 10 images from the feature or a link to where we can find images from the feature.
Once accepted, the following must be included in the final submission in order to be accepted for publication.
- Engagement Sessions: short how we met story + proposal story
- Real Weddings: Details on wedding elements to include a focus on WHY the couple chose the certain colors, venue, details they did. Any friend/family involvement in the wedding or ceremony. Any offbeat or nontraditional details. Any DIY or handmade details.
- Anniversary or Love Sessions: The best thing about being married/together. The hardest thing to learn after getting married/being together. Any advice to couples that are getting married/in new relationships. Our biggest regret from our wedding day. If we got married all over, we would have done ____ differently.
- Styled Shoot: Vendor list, any DIY or budget-friendly details, (for DC vendors only) price points of what styled items would potentially cost for a real wedding
- DIY Submissions: Inspiration features, tutorials with step by step instructions and pictures
2 weeks. If you do not hear from us in over two weeks, please feel free to remind us. If you wish to withdraw your submission and re-submit to another blog, please let us know.
Capitol Romance does not hold exclusivity rights on any features, however we do like to keep our content fresh original, so please consider not sending the same shoots to multiple regional blogs.
Capitol Romance also wishes to remain a safe, open and inviting place for couples of all ages, races, and sexual preferences. Therefore we do require ALL vendors that submit content to be LGBT-friendly!