February 26, 2015 | District Bliss Engaged Couples’ Social | 5pm to 8pm
There’s a NEW kind of wedding expo in town and it’s called District Bliss. Part happy hour, part intimate wedding expo, District Bliss aims to be a casual happy hour where couples can meet and mingle, share wedding planning advice, and meet highlighted vendors, all in a laid-back and FUN space. Check out more from Sarah Campbell of Pollyanna Events and Sara Alepin of Photos from the Harty, two fun-loving gals, who founded District Bliss to bring you a new spin on wedding social events in DC.
We are super excited to host our very first District Bliss Engaged Couples Social on February 26th, 2015! The event will be held in Chinatown at City Tap House from 5-8:00pm – in their indoor-outdoor event space. It’s all exposed brick, huge windows, cool lighting, neutral colors, fire pits outside – a somewhat offbeat, blank slate that is affordable (not always easy to find in DC).
Our event is designed to be a casual happy hour in a dressed venue space. We highlight one vendor in each category (florist, designer/letter press, venue space, etc); they will come in, dress the space, then leave. The only vendor who will physically be in attendance will be our Featured Vendor, Capital Society. The lead designer, Shelli, will be there offering bookings, items for purchase, and raffle items!
No more bridal expos! Wedding HAPPY HOURS are what we’re about! We’ll have tons of info for our couples, but it won’t have the traditional expo feel; no booths – just gifts, drinks, info, and fun! The District Bliss Couples Social is a happy hour where you can mix-and-mingle with other engaged couples while getting info to help you plan your wedding!
What you’ll find at the District Bliss Couples Social:
- TONS of awesome giveaways
- An inspiring, decorated, reasonably-priced, venue space with tons to offer
- Fun drinks, craft-brewed beers, and some nibbles
- Cool engaged couples and people who are just like you
- Beautiful flower arrangements and decor
- Information on fab budget-friendly/stress- reducing vendors (because we know planning a wedding can be slightly stressful at times)
- An awesome open-air photobooth
- Lots of unique ideas/inspiration
- Adorable gifts – because we’re happy you came!
- Super cute samples of invitations, coasters, escort cards, stir sticks – and more – designed by Capital Society. They can personalize and create pretty much anything you can dream up!
What you WONT find at the District Bliss Couples Social
- Booths of vendors
- Totally overwhelmed soon-to-be brides/grooms
- Hard-selling wedding vendors who feel just as awkward as you do
- PRESSURE! This is a pressure-free zone!
- Featured Vendor (the only one that will be in attendance) – Designer (invitations, logos, coasters, etc): Capital Society
- Venue: City Tap House
- Florist: Highway to Hill
- Welcome Bags and Gifts: Marigold and Grey
- Photography: Photos from the Harty
- Photo Booth: Pixilated Photo Booth
- Wedding and Event Planner: Pollyanna Events
All couples can buy their tickets on Eventbrite here:
If you go ENJOY and let us know what you thought! We can’t wait to see all the pictures of the event on social media :)
*this is a sponsored post. this vendor paid to have this content shared on our blog, however, it was verified that this event was confirmed to meet our requirements and mission*