Another awesome DIY tutorial on the blog today thanks to Ribbon & Bluebirds! Jenn shares:
I just got back from one of my best friend’s bachelorette celebration, and I was inspired to share this DIY with you! When we were prepping for the party I volunteered to help decorate, I really wanted to get away from the typical cheesy bachelorette décor and go for something more classy (and still sassy) that better represented our bride-to-be. While I was shopping for a gift for the lingerie shower we were planning as a surprise for her, it hit me that the perfect thing would be pretty paper lingerie pinned to a clothesline – just like the actual lingerie we would be gifting her.
This one is just TOO CUTE guys! Enjoy.
DIY Tutorial: How to Make a “Ooh La La” Lingerie Shower Garland Decoration
Materials you’ll need:
• Downloaded template from Ribbons & Bluebirds blog, printed out
• 2 sheets cardstock for the “outer” colour, and one sheet of your accent [I used a shimmer quartz for the top layer, and a blush for my accent]
• Lightweight sheet of paper (copy paper will work great) for “lace”
• Ribbon – I used both 3/8” for lacing, and 1.5” for both the banner strand and the bigger bows
• Edging craft punch – I used Martha Stewart’s “Doily Lace”
• Paper crafting glue – I recommend Glue Dots or similar
• Hot glue gun
• Scissors & x-acto knife
• Hole punch
This tutorial may look complicated, but none of it is difficult, and the pieces are totally customizable! You could also provide the templates of the undies too, and let shower guests personalize a pair – there are so many possibilities!
1. Start by downloading the template – visit this page at Ribbons & Bluebirds’ website to download – and printing the template.
2. Cut out your template (including stitch lines) and punch holes as shown.
3. Trace your templates onto the card stock (including tracing the holes and stich lines). I recommend saving time by using as many of the paper’s straight edges as possible! It will take two sheets to fit all your pieces, and the corset and bra each need 2 halves. You’ll also need two rectangular strips of ½” x 4” for the bra straps.
4. Cut out your cardstock pieces, using your x-acto to cut out the stitching lines on the bra and panty, and punch out the holes.
5. Next, it’s time to make the lace accents. Using the punch, cut along the long edge of a sheet of paper from top to bottom, then trim the edging off the paper leaving about ¼” below the pattern as a gluing strip. You’ll need at least 4 strips to finish the lingerie as I’ve shown, but you’ll need more if you plan to trim out the text like I’ve shown.
Click inside for the rest of the step by step instructions for this awesome Lingerie Shower Tutorial!