This morning I have a beautiful styled shoot to share that takes the Bohemian style and adds a flare of whimsy with A LOT of DIY projects that you could easily recreate for your own wedding! Most of the wedding details and decor were made with twine, lace, and feathers and the color palette included one of my favorite spreads: ivory, blush pink and that pop of glittery gold!
Photographer Liz Fogarty shares the inspiration for their whimsical styled shoot:
We wanted a fun styled shoot with two words in mind: bohemian and whimsical. Our models did an amazing job, even though it was a bit cold outside. The vendors worked very hard to bring all the detail together, and the result was simply amazing! And so many of the elements were DIY, so it is super doable for brides.
All the details are beautiful, but I think the speckled, polka dot cake might just be my favorite! Also, check out the DIY tassel garland in the shoot – we’ve included a link to the DIY tutorial in case you want to make one yourself!
Details & Decor Inspiration from a Bohemian Wedding Styled Shoot
Photographer: Fogarty Photography| Venue: The Martin Farm at Timberleigh Springs | Personal Stylist: Casey| Cake Designer: Ana’s Cakebox| Event Planner: Crystal Q Events | Invitation Designer: Just Ink On Paper | Dress Store: Lily’s Bridal | Makeup Artist: Primrose&Co | Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Click inside for the rest of this DIY Bohemian, Whimsical wedding styled shoot from Fogarty Photography, including the DIY tutorial to make your own tassel garland!
Tons of DIY projects in this shoot:
The streamers were made of twine and tissue paper. The head piece is made of lace trimming, feathers, and a cloth flower, all from Michaels. The crates were free. The napkin arrangements were burlap and muslin cloth from Joann’s fabric. The feathers were from Michaels too, painted with gold tips. All very DIY-able!!
A bit windy, but here’s the DIY tassel garland in action! Check out the full DIY Tutorial to make one yourself here!
Love the simple feather boutonniere and the groom’s casual, laid back styling with suspenders!
I, for one, am not a huge wedding cake fan – but this one has got me fan girling!!! Maybe it’s the polka dots (I am a sucker for polka dots)?? I’m not sure but I really love this cake. It’s really making me have second thoughts about wedding cakes….
Great DIY wedding dessert idea for the other non-wedding cakers out there – chocolate dipped pretzel sticks! This would make a super yummy (and DIY friendly) wedding favor!
Thanks again to Fogarty Photography & all the amazing vendors that collaborated on this beautiful Bohemian inspired wedding styled shoot! Keep reading below to see the pricing information for this shoot! A special thanks again to Two Bright Lights as well for the submission.
Want to use the items you see in this styled shoot for YOUR wedding?! Check out the pricing details below to see if it can fit into your real life wedding budget:
1. Feathers– Michaels, one pack of each type of feather. Approximately $4 each, $8 total
2. Tassel Garland– Tissue paper and twine from Michaels- 4 packs of tissue paper ($5) and twine ($2), $6 total
3. Headpiece– Lace trimming ($2.50), and cloth flower ($4). This was attached using a hot glue gun, $6.50 total.
4. Silverware, dishware, glasses, wooden crates, and pepper shakers were borrowed from friends. This can be easily rented from vintage places.
5. The tables we owned. So this look can be pulled together very easily by borrowing from family and friends.
6. Napkin arrangement– Burlap ($3 per yard) and Muslin cloth ($3 per yard) from Michaels, one yard of each, $6 total. Feathers were sprayed with gold paint spray ($5). Simply tie a piece of twine around the arrangement.
7. Flowers were just baby’s breath, lots of them! $7 per bunch, 6 bunches at $42
8. Mason Jars for center piece (3 of them)- $6
9. Blanket to sit on- 3, 6-yard burlap sewn together. $54
10. Wooden pallets were free from craigslist.
11. Dress from Lily’s Bridal- $1500.
12. Invitations from Just Ink on Paper- $745 for 100.
13. Cake– $4.50 per serving. approximately 55 servings in wedding cake.