I am headed to my husband’s cousin’s wedding this weekend. And I wanted to spice up a LBD that I’ve had hanging in my closet for some time. So I thought – why not DIY a little flower sash and have it add a pop of color and something different to the dress?
I have yet to make the sash [last minute, I know] – otherwise I would have blogged my experience today instead of others’ DIY Flower Sash inspiration/tutorials. But I figured my experience with looking for a tutorial [preferably for the sewing-inept like myself] might be just as useful to you all.
First, these are the shoes I am wearing [the shoes I actually made my bridesmaids buy/wear]. So I hope to match the sash flowers to the flowers on the toe:
And my dress [shown with a belt!]:
So naturally I want the DIY Flower Sash to be in that fuschia color. Here are the tutorials I have found so far:
1. I like this one from Maybe Matilda – but I think I might cap my belt off with a button under the flower, instead of tying it with a bow:
[via Maybe Matilda blog]
2. I reallllllly like this one with the different shades of purple – AND it’s no-sew! My kind of DIY project ;)
[via Ruby Mines blog]
3. This DIY Ruffle Sash tutorial from 100 Layer Cake is extra dreamy, but I am not sure it goes with the shoes and might be too much with the ruched dress:
[via 100 Layer Cake]
4. Following a picture tutorial not your thing? Well I found a DIY Flower Sash tutorial VIDEO on youtube! Check it out:
5. This last one is cute too! I like the different flowers [each with a tutorial] all next to eachother. It would look cute with them bundled in one area too!
[via Rachel's Nest blog]
Which is your favorite? Do you have another tutorial I missed? Check back next week to see how mine came out!! :) Happy DIY Wednesday!Pin It