Want your wedding in Georgetown, DC …. how about for FREE?!
On September 8, 2011, Fashion’s Night Out Georgetown will offer 90+ neighborhood shopping celebrations and a whole night of excitement from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m., but one of the evening’s highlights will be the incredible “Get Hitched in Georgetown” wedding contest and giveaway, where DC-area couples will compete in several entertaining, must-watch activities, for a chance to win the ultimate Georgetown wedding.
Of course, winning the dream wedding will not be that easy. The ‘Get Hitched in Georgetown’ contest is open to 50 sets of engaged couples*, who can enter the contest on the Fashion’s Night Out Georgetown website (www.
*Participating couples must also meet a set of criteria (be at least 21 years of age, live in DC/MD/VA, be engaged to be married, etc.) to be considered as a participant. The full list of rules and regulations can be found here: www.
For a ton more information on the contest itself, your chance to win a dream Georgetown, DC wedding, AND a full list of the giveaway & vendors details, read more!
While there will only be one grand prize winner, all the participants will receive a gift bag chock-full of special gifts and discounts from all participating Georgetown merchants. They will also be invited to attend an after-party at Salon Ilo, including a champagne reception, goodie bags filled with beauty must-haves, and an exclusive discount on the salon’s complete bridal package.
On September 8, the 50 couples will designate their “better halves” to participate in an unforgettable wedding-themed showdown featuring three fun rounds of competition which will be announced at the start of the event. Emceed by ABC 7/WJLA-TV’s Alison Starling, the competition will take place at 8:30 p.m. at TD Bank Georgetown, which will be transformed for the evening by Syzygy Event Productions while local 9-year-old DJ sensation, DJ Beauty and the Beatz will be providing the tunes. And for those with no plans to walk down the aisle anytime soon, spectators are welcome to watch the participants vie for the wedding of their dreams.
Now check out this LONG list of awesome Georgetown & Washington, DC Wedding vendors
Here is what the winning couple scores when they “Get Hitched in Georgetown”:
- Bridal Gown: Hitched Salon: DC’s highly personal, full-service bridal boutique and wedding resource center is donating one custom designer gown for the bride’s walk down the aisle. Tailored to meet the desires and tastes of today’s brides, Hitched carries a unique selection of gowns for brides and bridesmaids as well as the many accessories that allow a bride to express herself on her wedding day.
- Wedding Reception: Sequoia: One of Georgetown’s most coveted wedding reception locations, Sequoia at Washington Harbour is generously offering up its gorgeous waterfront setting and offering a $15,000 daytime wedding reception for up to 100 people (subject to availability). Sequoia’s panoramic view of the Potomac and Kennedy Center paired with an outdoor mesquite grill, eclectic cuisine, great drinks and the lively River Bar make Sequoia the premiere DC destination.
- Wedding Cake: Patisserie Poupon: One of Georgetown’s oldest and most delicious French bakeries, Patisserie Poupon, will provide a wedding cake for up to 100 people. The neighborhood gem serves up gourmet baked goods and innovative sandwiches and salads to its devoted clientele in a cozy and intimate atmosphere.
- Wedding Suite: Four Seasons Hotel: Georgetown’s Four Seasons Hotel is the only five-diamond, five-star hotel in the Capital region, and they are offering a one night wedding suite and complimentary parking for the newlyweds. Unequalled attentiveness and gracious service attract business and leisure guests, dignitaries and celebrities alike to this legendary Pennsylvania Avenue retreat in Georgetown.
- Invitations: Dandelion Patch: DC’s premier shop for wedding invitations, stationary and other printing and paper needs, Dandelion Patch is offering the lucky couple a $1,000 gift certificate toward their wedding invitations.
- Attire for the Groom: Huge & Crye: Ensuring that the groom looks as stylish as possible on the big day, Huge & Crye is making sure “the shirt fits” and offering a $100 gift certificate towards menswear. Hugh & Crye is a men’s apparel company based in Washington, DC, with a specific focus on the online sales of men’s dress shirts. The shirts are designed to solve a common problem men have with the fit of most readymade shirts, by introducing a new sizing system designed for specific body types.
- Wedding Day Beauty Package: ILO Salon: L‘Oreal Professional has collaborated with Salon ILO, DC’s premier hair salon and day spa, to offer a full bridal beauty plan including consultation, cut, INOA color treatment, Kerastase treatments, up-do, nails, makeup, and waxing, to keep the bride looking flawless on her special day. In the Book Hill neighborhood of Georgetown, Salon ILO has been delivering sleek, sophisticated style to everyone from power brokers and media mavens to politicos and busy professionals for over 30 years.
- Guest Favors: Fleurir Hand Grown Chocolates: The new Georgetown gourmet chocolate shop is sending guests home with a little something sweet, offering 4-piece boxes of its delicious chocolate for up to 100 guests. Fleurir makes each piece of chocolate by hand and uses only fresh, high-quality and natural ingredients to ensure a clean, balanced and awesomely delicious flavor with every piece.
- Bridesmaid Gifts: The Phoenix: One of Georgetown’s most treasured shops is offering an “after hours” visit to The Phoenix for the bride and bridal party to select custom designed earrings for up to five bridesmaids (total retail value up to $500). Since 1955, Washingtonians have looked to The Phoenix for the best in women’s fashion and unique objects for the home.
- Flower Girl Outfit: The Magic Wardrobe: One of DC’s most adorable specialty children’s boutiques, The Magic Wardrobe is providing a dress for the flower girl from their private collection. The Magic Wardrobe offers exquisite garments, designed according to their specifications, in a selection of superior fabrics. Combining luxury and tradition and crafted with attention to detail, The Magic Wardrobe’s distinctive line of clothing is innovative and full of life.
- Bridal Shower Cupcakes: Sprinkles Cupcakes: DC’s newest cupcake shop, Sprinkles is treating bridal shower guests to some of their famed baked sweets, providing five dozen monogrammed cupcakes along with two towers for the wedding shower. Sprinkles Cupcakes are handcrafted from the finest ingredients including sweet cream butter, bittersweet Belgian chocolate, pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, real, fresh fruits and natural citrus zests.
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Party: Mie N Yu: Exotic Georgetown dining and drinks spot Mie N Yu is helping the bachelor or bachelorette celebrate their last night of singlehood with a one round of appetizers, two rounds of specialty cocktails (up to $14 each), one bottle of Mumm Napa Sparkling for up to 8 guests at their VIP table, The Birdcage. Mie N Yu is truly a unique experience, and a wonderful social experiment. Guests from all corners of the globe have been intrigued by the oasis of enjoyment in the heart of historic Georgetown.
- “Something Old”: TARI Boutique: Georgetown’s newest, elegant vintage boutique is helping the bride fulfill her “something old” requirement with $100 in one-of-a-kind accessories. TARI offers something for all – everything from couture pieces to rare vintage finds that no one else owns, to a variety of everyday wear at an affordable price.
- Wine Tasting for the Wedding Party: Bacchus Wine Cellar: There’s no better way to celebrate a wedding than with a toast to the happy couple, and Bacchus Wine Cellar is offering a private in-store wine tasting for the bride and groom and their wedding party of up to 10 people. Bacchus is a warmly accented boutique in Georgetown, carrying wine and spirits ranging from artisanal, unknown estates to the most coveted chateaux – offering something for every budget and palate.
- Rehearsal Dress: Urban Chic: It’s just as important to look stylish at the rehearsal dinner as the wedding day, and luckily Urban Chic is offering a private shopping party for the winner and bridal party with champagne, treats, and storewide discount, plus a $50 gift card and gift bag for the bride. Urban Chic brings an edge to conservative DC, mixing in pieces from established brands with newer trends from up-and-coming designers.
- Post-Wedding Brunch for the Bride & Groom: Clyde’s of Georgetown: Brunch with great friends and family is the perfect way to recover after a long wedding night, and Clyde’s of Georgetown is offering a post-wedding brunch for up to eight guests. Clyde’s of Georgetown is the original, opening back in 1963 on M St. as an immediate sensation, and its distinctive signature style evokes “the good life” of a bygone era.
- Honeymoon Lingerie: Jaryam: Georgetown’s exclusive purveyor of fine lingerie, Jaryam is offering the bride a romantic honeymoon lingerie set for the special post-wedding getaway. The charming boutique also offers the finest selection of corsetry, hosiery, swimwear, sleepwear and clothing.
- Tuxedo for the Groom: Lost Boys: The ultimate resource for men with style, Lost Boys will ensure that the groom is well-dressed for the big day. Owner and fashion expert Kelly Muccio will offer a custom ordered Theory tuxedo and private fitting in the Black Room for the groom-to-be.
- Welcome Gifts for Guests: Georgetown Cupcake: Greet out-of-town guests in the sweetest way possible- with custom cupcakes from the famous Georgetown Cupcake. Georgetown Cupcake is providing 100 individually boxed cupcakes with custom fondant.
- Honeymoon Wardrobe: J. Crew: Looking stylish doesn’t just stop on the night of the wedding, so J. Crew is offering a $500 gift card for the bride to be styled for her honeymoon by J. Crew Wedding Specialist Shannon. J.Crew offers the highest quality men’s and women’s clothing as well as children’s clothing including cashmere, sweaters, women’s dresses and shoes, men’s shirts and ties, accessories and much more.
Fashion’s Night Out Georgetown will transform the neighborhood into a fashion playground as over 90 Georgetown stores, restaurants and salons come together to host an extraordinary evening of shopping, entertainment and neighborhood-wide fashion events during the global shopping celebration. From roaming dancers and a fashion flash mob, a stylish pop-up shoppers’ lounge, the epic Georgetown wedding competition, an FNO hot air balloon, and even an old-school haberdashery for the gents, Georgetown’s Fashion’s Night Out promises shoppers the most memorable fashion industry celebration DC has ever seen for the second year in a row.
About the Georgetown Business Improvement District:
The Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the accessibility, attractiveness and overall appeal of Georgetown. Established in 1999 by its property owners and merchants, the Georgetown BID has more than 1,000 members. The organization is located in the heart of Georgetown in Washington, D.C and sets a standard of excellence in preserving historic charm while meeting contemporary needs. From marketing and special events, to transportation and streetscape, the Georgetown BID contributes to the vitality and quality of life in Georgetown. For more information please visit georgetowndc.com. Also connect with Georgetown on Twitter: www.twitter.com/GeorgetownDC, Facebook: www.facebook.com/
About Fashion’s Night Out:
Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) is an unprecedented global initiative originally created in 2009 to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence, and boost the industry’s economy during the recession. On September 8, 2011, in response to overwhelming demand, Fashion’s Night Out will return to New York City and over 100 cities nationwide to highlight fashion and support retail with exciting events that include designer appearances, celebrity guests, fashion shows and musical performances. In the United States, the program is a collaboration between American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company, and the City of New York. For more information visit www.fashionsnightout.com, or join us on Facebook and Twitter (@fnonyc, #FNO).